Thursday, March 20, 2008

Catching up

My email box has had some great subject lines over the last two weeks. Where did you go? Are you hiding from your picks? Did you move? Are you alive? You are just like Florida. Strong for so long and then completely disappeared in March. Are you dead?

Well, according to those that wear long white suits, I could have almost died. I missed the last week of the state tournament because I was in the hospital. All is better now. No worries. Thanks for those of you that checked in. Hopefully I'm back to full strength. I've never been this sick in my life.

So...that is where I've been.

My first trip back out on the road was spent at the Southern Shootout. Despite the crazy weather on Saturday that knocked out the lights at Clayton State and Jonesboro's Rec & Sport building, the games were solid. You can tell it is early in the AAU game and teams are starting to get their legs under them. (So was I that weekend.) The Worldwide Renegades won the 17 and under division.

This weekend I'm off to Columbus for Riverfest, which should be a pretty good event. I'll have coverage on our national page on Rivals.com Friday and Saturday. Here is the schedule for the weekend.

There will be a good sampling of teams at the event and I'm hoping to sneak a peek at teams in the 17, 16 and 15 and under divisions.

And in case you are wondering, I haven't forgot about the post-season awards. I really haven't. Those will come soon.